Develop Career-related Skills Through Study Abroad
Dr. Phil Gardner and Dr. Linda Gross, from Michigan State University’s Career Services, show you how to structure your study abroad experience to maximize skill development in the video Unpacking Your Study Abroad Experience.
Studies have shown that employers are demanding that graduates have advanced skills sets before hiring them. In many cases, these skills cannot be adequately developed in the traditional classroom setting. There is evidence, however, that a properly structured Study Abroad experience can be transformative on a personal level and also enable you to develop the advanced skills employers demand. To see how, watch the video (requires QuickTime).
Financial Assistance and Scholarships
For information on financial aid and scholarships please visit www.studyabroad.txstate.edu/students/financial-assistance.html
Note: The International Education Fee Scholarship application period for Summer 2014 is October 7, 2013 to November 29, 2013. For more information and to apply, go to llavero.its.txstate.edu/cas/login
Country and City
- Highest GDP per capita in Latin America
- The most recent member of the OECD
- Business transparency rankings on par with those in the developed world
- One of Latin America’s most modern metropolitan areas
- The regional headquarters of many multinational companies
- Financial center
What You Will Learn
- Orientation meetings
- On-Campus classes
- Meetings with Chile's business leaders and business
- Service learning project & culture excursions
Program dates: May 31 - July 21, 2016
Study Abroad in Chile Video
Country and City
Spain—Economic hub of European Union
- The 12th largest economy in the world
- Complex cultural heritage with diverse regional identities
· Barcelona—the second largest city of Spain
- Major economic center and a growing financial center
- The 13th Innovation Cities in the world according to Global Index
- The 4th richest city in the European Union by GDP
Financial Investment in the emerging markets of Central and Eastern Europe.
- FIN 3318 - Investment Analysis
- ACC 3365 - Cost/ Managerial Accounting
- Independent studies in Finance, Economics and Global Business
· The city - Prague
- Modern, cosmopolitan city in the heart of Europe.
- Rich cultural and social life.
- City of Hundred Spires.
- Visitor friendly and many English-speaking people used to seeing foreigners.